If you own or mange rental property in Hayward, your world is about to change!
The City of Hayward is holding a community open house to educate residents about proposals to modify the City’s Residential Rent Stabilization Ordinance on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Participants will have the opportunity to provide input, which will be used to inform the City’s next steps regarding proposed amendments.
SATURDAY, APRIL 6, 2019
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
GLAD TIDINGS INTERNATIONAL CHURCH
1027 W. Tennyson Road
Hayward, CA 94544
The event will include discussion tables that cover the following topics:
- Mandatory mediation and binding arbitration for rent increases above five percent
- Standards of review for increases above five percent
- Possible elimination of vacancy decontrol provisions
- Process for filing rent increase and eviction notices
- Relocation program for no fault evictions
- Tenant retaliation protection