10 Housing Markets Expected to Outperform
People in search of housing are like flakes of snow and fingerprints – no two are exactly alike.
There are different things every individual, couple or family are looking for when deciding where to live.
Schools. Neighborhoods. Transportation. Access to shopping and entertainment. Jobs. Affordability. Permutations and combinations abound.
Yet, some metropolitan markets are attracting more residents than others. What’s the difference? Why do people want to move to certain metros and not others?
The National Association of REALTORS® used data on domestic migration, housing affordability for new residents, consistent job growth relative to the national average, population age structure, attractiveness for retirees and home price appreciation, and other variables to identify which markets are succeeding, and why.
Here are the 10 most successful markets, who expect to outperform expectations, in the next 3-5 years:
- Millennials Lead the Housing Pilgrimage to Colorado Springs, CO
- Something’s Brewing in Fort Collins, CO as it Expects to Outperform Housing Projections
- Gambling on Las Vegas, NV as a Place to Call Home
- Tampa, FL no longer for snowbirds and retirees
- More than the ‘Old College Try’ – Columbus, OH Housing Market to Flourish
- Queen City Still King: Growth, Opportunity and Availability Expected in Charlotte, NC
- Ogden, UT No Longer Just A Drive-by Town
- Durham-Chapel Hill’s Triangle Taking a New Shape as Transplants Grow the Market
- Charleston, NC offers opportunity, affordability that is waning elsewhere
- Dallas: First there was America’s Team, now is there America’s Hometown?